“He Tratado De Olvidarte” is the brand new single from multi-talented Grammy Award winner J.R. Gomez. Taking a quick break from his massively popular Conjunto Bandits, Gomez ventures back into familiar territory with this classic-sounding Tejano ranchera.
Produced by the extraordinary Mario Ortiz (musical director for Jay Perez) and released on his Baby Grand Records label, “He Tratado De Olvidarte” is an updated version of the Roger Contreras-penned final track on David Lee Garza’s iconic 1392 album. Interestingly, this arrangement even sounds like what would have happened if DLG had opted to do the original song ranchera style instead of the slow jam hardcore fans remember from the album, right on down to the saxophone.
The production boasts some of the best in the business, all of whom have Grammy pedigrees of their own: Chente Barrera on drums, Eddie Perez on bajo sexto and bass, Valentino Maltos on saxophone, with Ortiz on keyboards and Gomez on accordion and vocals.
For many years, it’s been impossible to pin one particular style on Gomez. His versatility and musicianship lends him to all the different flavors of Tejano and Conjunto, and his ambitious, positive attitude makes him relentlessly pursue something new. His resume is proof, as evidenced by his time with the innovative and edgy Kumbia All-Starz to Tejano superstars like Jimmy Gonzalez y Grupo Mazz and Jay Perez to his labor of love, the high-energy J.R. Gomez y Los Conjunto Bandits, not to mention a list of duets and collaborations a mile long with fellow musicians of all kinds.
The sound of “He Tratado De Olvidarte” is pure Tejano and is guaranteed to be a dancefloor favorite among longtime fans of the genre, instantly evoking images of twirling cowboy hats and neon lights. Request it on your favorite Tejano station and look for it soon on all digital outlets.
- ‘Selena: The Series’ Causes Unprecedented Increase in Google Searches for Fellow Artists and Tejano Music
- Tejano Nation: COVID survivors Maria y Cien Grados release new cumbia “Vamos a Bailar”
- Tejano Nation: J.R. Gomez releases new Tejano single, “He Tratado De Olvidarte”
- Tejano Nation: Accordionist Brenda Martinez Releases Debut Conjunto Album “Favoritas De Mis Padres”
- Tejano Nation: Daughter Digitizes Release for Rebirth of Rosina Records and Sixto Sanchez 52 Years After Tragedy